Here are a few topics that I'd like to post on in the coming months:
- library budgets: is there a balance to be struck between acquisitions and operations/staffing? Are we drifting one way or another?
- collections and space: are our collections still growing in a physical sense?
- the return on investment on library sponsored events and programs (or how the hell do we justify that big food and drink expense line in our operations budget?)
- the digital library center: what characterizes this kind of a service unit and how prevalent are they at selective liberal arts colleges?
- does the library have a role as an interdisciplinary catalyst (I'm supposed to write a book chapter on this topic)?
- why design is a typically underrated component of academic digital projects
- ideas for partnering with bigger institutions to support academic digital projects
- NSF data management plans at small liberal arts colleges (we need to start doing these this year)
- strategies to promote change in scholarly communication at small colleges